Mobile portal – Telekom’s Youth Magazine
PORTRINO DEVELOPS MOBILE PORTAL FOR TELECOM’s YOUTH MAGAZINE
Technical implementation with CMS TYPO3
The concept and layout for the “reif” portal was created by the agency jungvornweg, which we advised during this phase in order to point out possible technological challenges and to check feasibility.
For the technical implementation of the online magazine, we used CMS TYPO3 7.6 LTS and Bootstrap to consider the graphic structure for mobile phone display. There is no dedicated layout for desktop or tablet, so we have developed a custom menu, and the RTE configuration offers a high degree of editorial freedom. We also integrated a WhatsApp “newsletter” subscription, Solr for tagging and the “load more” button as well as a teaser extension for the category labels and the playback of GIFs.
The most important details:
- „Mobile first and only“ – no dedicated layout for tablet and desktop
- Development of an individual menu with styling depending on page type and “tag bar” (administration via TYPO3 sys_categories)
- Teaser Extension for category labels and playback of GIFs
- Individual RTE configuration for as much freedom as possible for editing
- Integration of WhatsApp newsletter subscription
- Integration of “load more” button
- Integration of Solr for tagging
reif received digital award in 2018
The innovative online magazine convinced the jury of German Digital Award: “reif” won bronze in the category “Branded Content.” The award is regarded as the most important in the digital economy in German-speaking countries. Deutsche Telekom as publisher of the magazine and jungvornweg as editorial implementer have thus successfully asserted themselves against 453 participants.
Our individual, innovative solution for mobile portals
With our individually designed mobile portal you can take into account the requirements of target groups that consume web content predominantly via smartphone.
Do you have questions about the consistent implementation of a “Mobile First” website with fast loading times?