Image database for TYPO3 with FAL
he provision and management of large media assets is often confusing and time-consuming, especially when different user rights are required. Our media database enables the website operator to provide, categorize and grant various rights to image and video material.
This solution is an extension for the Enterprise CMS TYPO3 from version 6.2. Instead of DAM, it works with the new File Abstraction Layer (FAL) approach. Image-specific metadata (IPTC) is also transferred into the system.
Depending on the user group, the image or video material can be downloaded or viewed, for example, only with a watermark. We also provide you with a powerful search function tailored to your needs. Using a light table function (shopping cart), your images can be combined and downloaded together or shared with other users as a link. Since our Media Hub is based on Open Source technology and is a proven TYPO3-based in-house development, it provides a cost-effective alternative that can easily be adapted to your individual requirements.
Are you looking for a simple and customized solution for managing large media assets?
Functionality of the image database
Image files with IPTC data are automatically imported into the database with our Media Hub via an FTP server. Extensive image material can be searched and displayed in the frontend. The individually adapted search function allows you to define different usage rights for different user groups (e.g. view only with watermark).
In order to optimally serve all end devices (browser, smartphone and tablet PCs), videos imported via the FTP server are automatically converted into the respective formats. Videos or entire video categories can be easily integrated into other portals or mobile apps, as our Media Hub can be controlled from external sources via an API. Based on the File Abstraction Layer (FAL) of TYPO3, videos can be stored in the connected Amazon Cloud and exchanged at will. Furthermore, an ad server can be connected for the time-controlled display of post or preroll videos for advertising purposes or individual videos of a certain category.
Overview of functions:
- Import of files via FTP
- Read metadata from IPTC and Exif
- Automatic assignment to categories based on IPTC data
- Output and filtering of media in the frontend
- Different views and options depending on user rights
- Multiple language support
- Responsive display
- Watermark for unregistered users
- Shopping cart / light table for bundled downloads
- Send shopping cart / light table to not logged in users
How was this solution technically implemented and how does it work? Click here for our Case Study: Image database for a kitchen appliance manufacturer!
How was this solution technically implemented and how does it work? Click here for our Case Study: Image database for a kitchen appliance manufacturer! Do you still have unanswered questions? Then feel free to contact us!
Digital Asset Management: Optimal and individual management of large media inventories
Our media database offers you a simple administration of image and video material for employees and customers and does not have to be operated via the backend. By creating user groups with specific user rights, you decide for yourself who can access which files and how they are displayed.
Complicated and expensive integrations like with external DAM systems are not necessary, because you can use your existing registration. We are also happy to support you in setting up approval workflows, registering with social networks (such as LinkedIn, Xing or Facebook), and connecting to internal user management systems such as LDAP.
You can continue working with your own tools, such as Adobe Bridge© or Lightroom©, and perform keywording as usual. The transfer to the database can then take place via FTP or Webdav, for example. If required, editors can intervene in the process via the familiar TYPO3 backend, change search words, or delete images.
As an international company, you benefit from the option of having a list of all keywords used translated into a desired language. This makes your media files searchable in languages relevant to your global customers.
Indexing takes place in the image metadata and is only transferred to the database. Images can therefore be transferred to another system at any time, without any editorial effort.
Your advantages at a glance:
- Easy management of image and video material
- Specific rights distribution for user groups
- Full integration into TYPO3 system with all user rights and editing possibilities
- Use of existing registrations
- Operation does not have to take place via backend
- Possible use of own tools (e.g. Adobe Bridge© or Lightroom©)
- Transfer of image-specific metadata (IPTC)
- Translation of keywords into any language
- Automatic conversion to different output formats
- Statistics based on Google Analytics and Amazon Logs
- True streaming of video content
- Possible connection to Amazon AC3 Cloud
- Cost-effective alternative
- Our support in setting up approval workflows and registering with social networks
Proven technology, experience and scalability: Our image database for TYPO3 with FAL
Our image database extension is now in its third version and has already proven itself in many applications. For example, it has been used as a media database for:
- Photographers and journalists for the largest one-man sailing race in the world VELUX5OCEANS, with more than 40,000 pictures and more than 6,000 hits / day
- Volvo Ocean Race 2014 for Team Alvimedica Institute of Regional History of TU Dresden with more than 200,000 pictures
- F.A.Z. Group as MEDIA HUB for the delivery of videos on the connected portals
Awarded “Best of INNOVATIONSPREIS-IT 2016”, our solution offers you an optimal possibility to comfortably manage your media files adapted to your individual needs.
Would you like to get a first impression or do you have questions about our media database?